Home Forums Writers’ Forum Did you Know…?

Viewing 4 posts – 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

• Mica Bale

Keymaster

Did you know that this week in 1916 saw J.R.R Tolkien marry his sweetheart Edith Mary Bratt? As the popular Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit author, Tolkien spent years writing his masterpieces.

Certainly, Tolkien must have spent countless hours battling his own dragon – writers’ block!

Nevertheless the author once said that “A pen is to me as a beak is to a hen. Something that helps you be a successful writer, not to mention live a happy and inspired creative life, is to always be taking note of the world around you”!

So, Mighty Pens VIP Members, what do you think is the best part of being a writer?

Izzy

Participant

Interesting!

Monica

Participant

Hi
          I am not a very experienced writer but for me the best part is leaving this world behind and going somewhere different. When I start writing my body may be in the spare bedroom but my mind is in another world. I just love that feeling of total escape as I watch what my characters get up to.

Mica Bale

Keymaster

Yesss! So true and to be honest, a writer, whatever their experience, can have this process. A real writer respects their characters….

Viewing 4 posts – 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.